Thursday, March 24, 2011

Night and Day


My mother is flying out west today. On the way out the door, she grabbed needles of some random larger size and a ball of handspun wool/mohair bulky yarn she got a fiber fest. She has no idea about yardage of the yarn or gauge or anything.
FWD:

I called her this morning at the airport, her plane is delayed, so she is “playing with her yarn.” She said her yarn hadn’t told her what it wanted to be. Then later she sends this text:

“the yarn decided that it wants to start small, in the middle of the back. Expanding as it goes it will split in two and go on either side of the neck and then slim down in two pieces which can be ties or can wrap to warm the front of the neck or throat.”

So my question is, How in the sam hill am I related to this woman?!? I read a pattern through 2-4 times and swatch before I knit something. I can do a pair of socks without a pattern but I have to do the math before I cast on. I don’t grab randomly before I run out the door. I carefully plan every project.

P.S. I am slightly proud that she has moved on from only knitting in acrylic.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you Katie...plans, patterns, etc. and me are good friends. :)

    ReplyDelete