Thursday, November 24, 2011

Different Style

I decided a couple of weeks ago to paint my nails dark denim blue. Last Sunday, I changed it up and painted the tips blue with a plain background. This is a big change for me as I am normally a french manicure vanilla kinda girl.

So, I was out with a knitting friend last night at a restaurant. We had finished eating and pulled out our knitting when I noticed a couple early twenties looking at me (the way the booths were they could not see my friend.) The woman was whispering and all I heard was "She's got..." and "She's like 30" I thought it was my nails. They were too dark and I was too old and they were laughing at my trying to be young and fashionable.  I got uncomfortable until they left.

Just this morning as I am reapplying my nail polish and thinking, "screw that girl" that it hit me.  I was knitting...in public...maybe she was saying, "She's got knitting in her hands and she like (only) 30."

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that was exactly it! I bet that girl is a closet knitter or knitter wannabe but is embarrassed to do it out in public because she thinks only old ladies knit.

    And even if she were talking about your nails, you are definitely not too old for fun nail polish. I don't think there is such a thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete