Monday, June 6, 2011

Zero to Sixty

If you look at my Ravelry page or this blog, you would think I have been lazy all month.  Nothing would be farther from the truth.  I have been enjoying the warm weather, good friends and lots of family time.

This is not to say I haven't gotten any knitting done.  I just have nothing finished to show for it.  The photos of me knitting at MDSW have the same sock that is now in my purse.  I have had to frog it back 3 times due to gauge/ measurement issues and I just cast off the FIRST sock.
2011-06-06_23-19-55_635

I am on my third colorwork fingerless mitt because the first one is much bigger then the second and cannot be called a pair. It is my own fault for switching needles. The needles were the same size but different materials.  It obviously made a difference.

2011-06-19_22-28-01_202
On a side note, I love my Blackthorn Needles.

Also on needles, I have a bulky blanket that will never end, a cotton baby blanket and a colorwork Christmas stocking.

On top of all this, I am going to attempt to do a 5K stash dash that is going on over at the Knit Girllls Ravelry group. This means you try to knit up 5 kilometers of yarn before 8/15/2011. WIPs count as log as you cast off during stash dash.  The above projects make up only 4,748 yards when I finish them and so I will need to add around 1,000 yards to make the 5K.

I should be able to get my socks and fingerless mitts done in the next week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment