Sunday, February 12, 2012

Crazy Town

I am going to attempt to knit 2,500 yards from my stash in 45 days, February 15th is day one.  I took a photo of the yarn I have to use. It is all Lambs Pride or 100% wool.
2012-02-11_16-57-16_318

I am double stranding and making Kiki Mariko pattern by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne which is a fair isle steeked felted rug.  I have enough to make 2 but have signed up to make one for the mad stash dash on Ravelry. 

I have a sweater, Leaflet by Cecily Glowik MacDonald  on the needles that is for the Stockinette Zombies KAL that needs to be finished by February 28th to qualify.  I have a pair of socks on the needles (yes this is the same socks that I have been working on since October, just new pattern) and a Zombie The Podcaster by Amy Spinler (anyone who downloads this pattern may note a familiar name on the bottom next to "Edited By:").

Lastly, I got an e-mail from Leslie of the Knit Girllls and she offered me a spot in their knitting retreat this summer, The Super Summer Knitaway.  I put my money down and found out there is a KAL that could lead to fabulous prizes.  I have 15 days to knit a Rebecca Danger pattern.  

It is very nuts to think I can knit up everything by their deadlines.  I just have to remind myself that there are no Knitting Police and besides the Rebecca Danger monster, there are no real consequences to NOT knitting the items above.

However, I better finish those socks before my mom repossesses my blackthorne needles.

1 comment:

  1. That is a LOT of knitting. You just might be crazy. But the good kind of crazy, not the lock-you-up kind of crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete