Sunday, September 18, 2011

We can spot our own

The 4-Bs (Bear, Bell, Bugs and Boo) went out apple picking.  There is a large orchard that has PYO apples plus hay rides and a playground.
2011-09-17_14-29-53_617.jpg
Marker-Miller Orchards in Winchester VA
   While picking some Empire apples (my favorite), I spotted her.  She was arguing with her friends about who was the best at picking perfect apples.  She had the cutest pig hat with little pig ears and the hat had a cast on jog (or it could have been a bind off jog.)  It is that last stitch when you join in the round and it can be very difficult to get that stitch to meld in with the others. It was definitely a handknit hat.

   I kept my cool but when my husband started pointing out the 'perfect' apples to help her friend, I mentioned that I like her hat.  She smiled and said she knit it.  I grinned and showed her my handknit socks.  I asked her if she was going to Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival next weekend.  She lit up like I had told her Disney World was coming to town.  She said she didn't know about the fiber festival so I gave her the website info.  She got all excited and said she had a whole bunch of friends who were impressed with her knitting and wanted to learn.  I told her to bring them along.  Converts are good for the knitting world.

It keeps us on our toes in the vendor markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment