Friday, February 8, 2013

Fair-isle Fingerless Mitts Get Fingers

I mentioned earlier in the week that I have been working on a fair isle project.

It is a project for a gift that was completely finished in June 2011. I followed the pattern exactly.
Heather's Mitts by Spilly Jane

2011-06-22_19-20-58_619
 (There are three because of a gauge error.  The first one was practice)
The pattern is great but my friend here has small hands and they trumpet out. Plus she mentioned that it would be great if they had convertible mitten tops.  So, I stole them back, frogged out the top, re-knit the ribbing and then picked up the stitches on the back and knit up the top.

2013-02-07_12-40-34_96

2013-02-07_12-38-41_382

Then I will do the second. It is lots of fun because I had to make my own choices on lots of it. No pattern to follow. :-)

3 comments:

  1. And they fit so much better now :) thank you for all your hard work. They are a wonderful gift. I am a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Katie! Awesome modifications to the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them too... and the changes to the comment process!! Oh, and the background is neat too!!

    ReplyDelete